Evaporated Coatings, Inc. is currently seeking a Material Science, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineer to join their team in Willow Grove, PA.
The Manufacturing Engineer plays a “hands on” role supporting a thin film vacuum deposition manufacturing company. The Manufacturing Engineer serves as a key resource for the production operation focusing on the processing of all types of optical components. This candidate may work in multi-disciplinary teams which include production and quality personnel, engineers, and management to ensure uninterrupted, efficient and quality-driven production and plant operations. Communication and flexibility are key aspects of this job.
- Provide direct engineering support to the sales, production, and maintenance departments.
- Identify and correct equipment issues, including computer hardware and software, mechanical, electrical and electronic problems.
- Develop, test, and validate job specific coating processes
- Conduct process time studies and prepare work instructions
- Recommend and implement continuous improvements to manufacturing methods, processes, and equipment.
- Support vacuum system equipment and software upgrades as well as facility infrastructure maintenance and improvement projects.
- This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Engineering or Material Science.
- Experience in manufacturing environment highly desirable
Skills and Abilities:
- Enthusiastic, cooperative, and positive behavior.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and grasp modern technology quickly.
- Experience with thin film coatings or vacuum systems is helpful.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commensurate with experience
- Benefits package available:
- Health insurance package
- 401k program with company match and profit sharing program
- Vacation and sick leave benefits
- Life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- 9 paid holidays
Evaporated Coatings, Inc. (www.evaporatedcoatings.com) is a leading manufacturer of thin film optical coatings specializing in innovative and custom designed solutions for glass, plastics, fiber optic devices, semiconductors, and crystals. ECI has been supplying high precision optical coatings for 60 years. Its mission is to be the finest thin film coating resource for customers located in the US and around the world. In addition, it seeks to create a work environment which is conducive to the mutual growth and development of the employees and the company.
ECI must comply with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) issued by the United States Department of State, Department of Defense Trade Controls. ITAR compliance limits this employment opportunity to US citizens or lawful permanent residents of the United States.
ECI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage, or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Manufacturing Assembly/ Job Preparer
Evaporated Coatings Inc. (ECI), an optical coating manufacturer in Willow Grove, PA, has an opening for a Manufacturing Assembly/job preparer in our manufacturing operations. This position is primarily responsible for preparing parts for coating, final inspection and packaging by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives written work orders or verbal instructions from supervisor.
- Read paperwork, drawings, and process sheets.
- Count parts and record on inspection report.
- Evaluate and inspect parts for quality defects and/or flaws. Document findings.
- Collaborate with the production supervisor to determine how to fixture parts and adjust fixtures accordingly.
- Collaborate with the production supervisor to determine (from specs) the appropriate cleaning method.
- Clean all parts as necessary.
- Inspect and put parts on fixtures.
- Inspect parts after coating; clean if necessary.
- Remove parts from fixture and prepare for final inspection and packaging.
- Complete required paperwork.
- Transport parts to Quality Control.
- Strip coatings off defects and prepare for re-coating when necessary.
- Clean tooling if required.
- Collaborate with the production supervisor to document the cleaning and handling processes.
- Provide feedback on potential process improvements that could be explored in the future.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Design – Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Change Management – Communicates changes effectively.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures.
- Judgment – Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Follows the guidelines as established in the employee handbook; Assists Production supervisors to ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Please apply to [email protected]
Join Our Team
For all applicants, please simply fill out the form to the left with your position of interest and any additional considerations related to the role or your experience and our member of our team will be in touch with you shortly!